Woohoo for Friday!!! The weather is looking great over the weekend here in San Antonio so I plan to take advantage of it by getting some yard work in, running outside, and maybe even taking the pups out on the town (dog friendly hang outs of course)! Last night I racked some leaves from the front yard and filled up the whole compost trash can! I’m not even a forth of the way done with the leaves so I definitely have my work cut out for me this weekend.
Moving on…Today’s Idea Fit word of the day is #Challenge so I’m here to provide you with just that.
5 things I challenge you to do
1. Workout 60 minutes this weekend: I know for many people the weekend is time for rest. But if you are anything like me you skipped a few workouts this week and honestly, I get my best workouts in on Saturday and Sunday. So make it happen, 60 minutes, that’s all I ask! Need workout suggestions? I’ve got you covered here.
2. Try a new type of exercise in the next 7 days: We all get stuck in a routine, which is fine. But our bodies and brains could use a change. Try a new exercise class, cardio machine, or piece of weight equipment this week. May I suggest a Barre workout from my good friend Lauren at Fun, Fit, and Fabulous?
3. Commit to a month long Challenge in April: Here it comes, another shameless plug. As you may know I’ve committed to 100 miles of exercise in the month of April to raise money for the Wounded Warriors Project. If you’d like to join me you can pledge $25 here and commit to be fit in April while helping a great cause. I’ll be helping support you through with Motivation Monday, Workout Wednesday, and Check-in Saturday.
4. Meal plan or meal prep for the week ahead (or month!): Not everyone is a meal prep person. However, meal planning could be the next best thing for you. Meal prep or plan out your meal menu for the next week to save time, stay on track, and save money from eating out. I recently tried the 8-week iFit meal plan. Check out my review.
Last nights dinner!
5. Treat yourself!: Seriously, Treat yourself! We do so many things over the course of a week or a month that we often forget about ourselves. Stop everything you’re doing and go get a pedicure! Ok, you can finish what you’re doing but make time to treat yourself soon!
My treat this week
That’s it! 5 simple challenges to keep
your sanity you healthy and fit. Which challenge will be the easiest for you? How bout the hardest?
Excited to Link up today with..
Jill Conyer – Fitness Fridays
Fitting it All In – Five Things Friday